Code is open-source and available there : https://github.com/vincentgoudard/raspiCamGrab
filigram is an app to draw filigrams.
filigram is an expressive tool based on drawing gesture, gathering on the same canvas doodles made by people of different cultures in various contexts.
Filigrams are hand-drawn drawings made on a 2D surface, in a 3D world. Thanks to computers memory, this virtual “sheet of paper” becomes infinitely wide and allows for navigating inside the drawings.
This app was made originally made as a public-space installation where people could share a collective experience of drawing on the same canvas. Perspectives on others’ drawings sometimes leads to graphical compositions that could only be seen from a specific point in the virtual space, somehow like the paintings by Felice Varini.
filigram was shown during:
– Art4Lux, Abbaye de Neumunster, Luxembourg (Lu), sept. 2007
– Net User Conference 2007 , Pleven Hovel, (Bg), july 2007
– at ArtHostel Sofia (Bg), june 2006
– in Istanbul (Tr), july 2007
– Mobile Studios , Batenberg Square, Sofia (Bg), june 2006
– TheUpgrade! Skopje (Mk), june 2006
– TheUpgrade! Sofia (Bg), june 2006
with support from:
Originally developped with Max, Filigram has been implemented in Java/Processing for availability in the browser, and OpenFrameworks for iOS/android support. Now outdated, the code is being refactored before moving to an open source repository at GitHub. Please contact if interested in the meantime.